Below is a list of opportunities that exist for students. Information on these and many other opportunities is available in the Career Centre.
- Alberta Junior Forest Rangers - Students aged 16 -18 yearswill be given the opportuntiy to find out about careers in natural resource management to gain employment skills and to make new friends. Become a JFR and spend your summers outside while earnign work experience credits.
- Blyth International - combines exciting and unique travel programs with world-class high-school faculty to foster profound learning in an immersive international environment. Over 20 exciting and unique experiences across 30 countries available to students in March Break and Summer International Community Service Programs. Financial Aid is available, but deadlines apply.
- Encounters With Canada - students 14 to 17 years of age. 13 different themed weeks. Runs Aug - Apr and you pick your three top weeks that work for you. The whole week will cost no more than $675 - includes airfare both ways, lodging, food and transportation
- Forum For Young Canadians - for any high school students 15 to 19 years of age.
- Health Sciences Career Camp - summer program for students in grade 11
- Heritage Youth Researcher Summer Program - current grade 11 students may apply with an average of 85% in Math and Science courses
- House of Commons Page Program - graduating grade 12 students who plan to attend a post-secondary institution in the National Capital Region.
- Katimavik - This program has recently been re-instated. Please feel free to check out their website on how you can get involved to have this program
- Projects Abroad - goal is to provide students with the opportunity to live and work in developing countries in a way that is both convenient and safe for the students and positive for the countries themselves. This organization sends volunteers ages 16 and up to 29 countries to do over 150 different unpaid internships and service projects for as little as 2 weeks or up to a year. They provide meaningful work, oversea support and a flexible timeline.
- Rotary Youth Exchanges - 15-19 years of age, short-term or long-term exchange's and other Rotary Leadership Opportunities
- SHAD - SHAD is a registered Canadian charity that empowers exceptional high school students – at a pivotal point in their education – to recognize their own capabilities and envision their extraordinary potential as tomorrow’s leaders and change makers. Each year, SHAD provides the opportunity for 700+ students from across Canada and internationally to attend a month-long summer program, in-residence at one of our Canadian hos tuniversities, focused on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math).
- Study and Go Abroad - Admission to the fair is FREE and you can register on the day or in advance. All the details are on their website!!
- Summer at Red Deer College - Come explore the possibilities!!! We offere exceptional instructors, first-rate facilities and the chance to engage in new activeites while creating lasting friendships. Day Camp and Overnight camps are available for students ages 6 - 18
- Youth Summer Programs - Univeristy of Toronto - Every summer, high school student, Gr 10 & 11, are offered an exclusive glimpse into the world of medicine and medical research by the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine or Gr 10-12 students a unique law school experience by the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Law. Students from across North America and around the world are invited to learn at Canada's most prestigious medical and law school.